Saturday, April 21, 2012

FIESTA!

With the end of April fast approaching, I am starting to think about the beginning of May. This time of year always reminds me of celebrations and thoughts of sweet summertime just around the corner. It has become an annual ritual at my house to get a little festive around the house and consider a fiesta or two right around the beginning of May.


As I was getting my things together and setting the table, I remembered that I had seen this bandanna table runner that I wanted to make for my dining room table. It seems simple and easy to do. I loved the idea because it was also affordable and there are no sew directions.

And since I wanted to get so crafty and make a table runner, I thought I might as well have some fun and create something else for the table too! And now for the best part. You are so busy and all you really want to do is get a little crafty but you have to serve dinner. I have a quick and easy recipe for you to try.

The Busy Teacher Crock Pot Shredded Chicken

4-5 Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of Rotel
Seasonings of your choice
Water as needed

Put your chicken breasts in the crock pot and add all other ingredients. Add enough water to cover the chicken. Cook for several hours on high. When ready to serve, shred the chicken with a fork and knife and remove from liquid or shred and serve with a slotted spoon. Serve with warm tortillas and condiments of your choice. This is a super easy, super healthy chicken filler for soft tacos or enchiladas and so much more. But the best part is that this can be cooking while you are busy doing something else... so you gotta love that!  

SOURCE

And who would not love a make ahead drink recipe that you mix, pour, freeze, shake and sip? Thanks Melissa for the information on this one! I think you might be ready to get your Fiesta on now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover