Saturday, July 16, 2016

Internet On The Go!


Hey Down Home Friends,
So thankful for this time of year to get out and explore a little more of Texas that I have yet to discover. And you can bet I am not going anywhere without some sort of connection. I use my phone a lot but I also take my Surface Pro to get a little work done when we are traveling. Years ago I wasn't sure really how this was possible but it is really very simple. And I get asked this question a lot believe it or not. My service provider is AT&T. A very nice customer service representative told me about tethering. Although I had recently heard of it, I wasn't quite sure just how it worked. She actually sent me directions by email. I was shocked at how easy it really was. I was happy that I also had everything I needed to get it going right away.
TETHERING
Connect your device to the USB port. I used my phone charging cable.
On your phone look for your utilities tab.
Go to settings.
Turn ON your personal hotspot.
Now connect your computer or device to the internet.
And that is it.
When you are finished with your work just remember to turn OFF your hotspot.
I have used this little system for several years now and have had no problem. And it is safe and secure. I have never been charged any additional fees by AT&T. If you are a customer you can call and ask them about tethering before you start. This will eliminate searching for networks to connect to. I am always on the hunt for ideas and hacks to make camping trips fun. I have run across numerous articles and posts about other more complicated or expensive methods. For my family this is the most secure, reliable and inexpensive way to connect on the go. You do have to have an internet signal for it to work. Very few places we have been have poor signal but it does at times happen.

Now all you have to worry about is that perfect camping breakfast.
Happy Trails!


1 comment:

  1. This is very helpful. I, too, am always in search of networks to connect to whenever I am on the go.

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover